A veteran of the financial world, Jim Knox brings clients over 40 years of planning experience. While he thrives in a spectrum of comprehensive services, Jim specializes in Financial Trajectory Analysis™, his trademarked approach to helping to provide clients a glimpse into their financial future and the goals they hope to achieve.
Beyond crafting solutions that integrate his clients’ short and long-term needs, Jim has deep experience in retirement accumulation strategies, values-based estate planning strategies, life insurance policy audits, investment portfolio stress testing and more. He also has extensive history in helping business owners strengthen the value and longevity of their companies.
Jim has worked for a number of leading firms and founded his first independent company, Knox Associates, in 1978. Today, he is proud to partner with his son, Jonathan, who enhances the firm with his unique perspective and sophisticated skillset. Together, they forge a unique alliance focused on advancing their clients’ best interests.
A graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, Jim is a longtime Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) and a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®). In addition to holding his FINRA Series 6, 7, 24 & 26 securities registrations, Jim has earned a number of esteemed qualifications, including receiving the certificate of completion on Retirement Income Planning Certificate held at The Wharton Executive Education, Babson College Executive Education Program, and the University of Miami School of Law, Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning.
Outside of the office, Jim looks forward to spending time with his wife, Carol, their four children, and their four grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, hiking, watching the New York Jets, and traveling with his family.
Having worked in financial services for over 40 years, I understand what people expect from their financial advisors: trust, integrity, and expertise. Add leadership, clarity, and creativity and you have the recipe to create significant value. I have built my practice on a simple idea — “recommend a course of action that I myself would take given the same circumstances.”
- Financial Trajectory AnalysisTM
- Retirement Accumulation Strategies
- Retirement Distribution Strategies
- Survivor Needs Analysis Services
- Value-Based Estate Planning Strategies
- Qualified Retirement Plan Strategies
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Strategies
- Life Insurance Policy Audit
- Investment Portfolio Stress Test
- Employee Benefit Plan Cost Analysis Services
- Life Planning Group, LLC, Uniondale, NY, Partner
- Creative Financial Partners, LLC, Garden City, NY, Former Managing Partner
- Knox Assosciates, Garden City, NY, Former Founder/Owner
- New England Mutual Life, New York, NY, Former Full Time Career Agent
- 40 Years in the Insurance & Investment Business
- B.A. Degree, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York
- Investment Adviser Representative of HTK
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 24 and 26 Licensed
- Annual Study Group Meeting, STAR Study Group, South Beach, Miami, FL
- Retirement Income Planning certificate of completion held at The Wharton Executive Education Program, University of Pennsylvania
- Professional Coaching Program, The Strategic Coach, Toronto, ON
- University of Miami School of Law, Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, Orlando, FL, 2005-2017
- Babson College Executive Education Program